The Woodlands Estate Planning Attorney
Do Not Delay ∙ The Estate Planning Help You Need At An Affordable Price
At the Law Office of Melissa E. Loveless, I understand that people delay in making their estate plans. It is human nature to avoid this type of thing. However, it is a great benefit and peace of mind to you and your family to have these affairs in order.
As an estate planning lawyer in The Woodlands area, I have helped many Texas clients with their estate planning goals. I will explain your options, help you understand the details of the various documents and generally make the process as painless as possible for you.
I can help you establish all the documents necessary for a comprehensive estate plan, including:
- Wills: The will is the most important document in the estate plan. It generally describes the distribution of your assets.
- Trusts: A trust document is another way to distribute assets. It will give you more control over some of the details and allow you options and tax benefits that a will does not. I often recommend a step-up trust for minor children, where a portion of the overall gift is distributed at different intervals throughout the child’s adult life.
- Powers of attorney: A power of attorney allows you to establish an agent to make important decisions on your behalf. I help clients with statutory powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney.
- Directives to physicians: As the name suggests, this document provides detailed instructions for your medical care to cover your interests in the event that you lose the ability to communicate these decisions on your own.
- Guardianships: I can help you establish guardianship documents to provide your minor children with the care they need if you are no longer able to take care of them yourself.
Do not be intimidated by the estate planning process. I will help you with the HIPAA releases and other paperwork involved. When you work with the Law Office of Melissa E. Loveless, I will include a prep packet for you, to help you put all your information together for the person who will be in charge of your estate.
I also help clients through every aspect of the complex probate process. I can help you with the paperwork, filing deadlines and other requirements inherent in your fiduciary duties as an estate administrator, executor or trustee. If your loved one passed away without a will, I can assist in guiding you through an heirship proceeding.
Contact A Spring Probate Lawyer
I offer free detailed phone consultations, so you can talk over your estate planning goals with me, free of charge, to make a decision about how to proceed. Call 281-766-8139 (800-768-0997 toll free) or contact me online to schedule your free initial consultation.